The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health. The Tuberculosis research group belongs to the Viral and Bacterial Infections Research Programme and conducts research in several African and Latin American countries.
Purpose: The TB research group is looking for a Personal Assistant based in Barcelona, this person will support the Principal Investigator on the day-to-day administrative tasks related to the research projects being planned or implemented. These projects aim at contributing to the global public health impact for tuberculosis. The Project assistant provides support to organizing routine conference calls as well as staffing the planning and support for PI’s meetings and daily scientific activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the PI in any administrative need related to research projects.
- Handle expenses reimbursement process of PI including: Review the quality of invoices and accounting documents Assess the compatibility and eligibility of expenses Support the financial manager on reporting budget incidences and follow up on corrections and implementation
- Ensure compliance with internal and the funders’ directives of administrative documentation
- Planning and scheduling of events and regular update of PI’s agenda.
- Prepare tracking documents and tools for deliverables, meetings, and update them regularly. - Maintain follow-up system for action and deadlines.
- Schedule and planning of meetings, appointments, teleconferences and videoconferences logistics.
- Assist in the preparation of project reports, briefing notes, minutes and presentations. - Assist with grant preparation tasks, including update of PI’s CV, publication lists, and others
- Assist in planning and organizing trips, events and high-level visits required for the project.
- Manage travel for national and international meetings.
- Organize and maintain copies of all appropriate project’s documentation
- Coordinate and monitor the procurement of office supplies and equipment for the project.
- Ensure support during the preparation of projects’ proposals
- Other tasks as directed by the PI