The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG; Barcelona) is currently seeking a technology transfer specialist to lead the Technology Transfer and Innovation area.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized and self-motivated person with experience in management of intellectual property, valorization and commercialization of technologies. She or he should have solid business development, communication and team-working skills, as well as previous experience on transferring relevant technology innovations from the academic context to market within a commercial environment. The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of projects derived or related to research at CRAG, and will be ultimately responsible for developing the Technology Transfer Office mission: to promote the transference of scientific results for the public benefit, to facilitate collaborations with industry, to promote economic development, and to generate royalty income for reinvestment into research and education.
Specific tasks include:
- Participate in the identification, evaluation and protection of research results developed at CRAG, including patent and MTA management.
- Collaborate with inventors to evaluate and develop technology-licensing opportunities and strategies, including scientific and technical services and start-up companies.
- Promote strategic collaborations with the agronomic and life sciences industries, including research contracts and agreements.
- Contribute to obtaining funding for proof-of-concept activities.
- Develop a Corporate Liaison Program between CRAG and Agbio Companies. The Corporate Liaison Program will aim to create long lasting relationships that result in establishing agreements, joint research projects and contracts between Companies and CRAG.
- Other activities related to technology transfer and innovation, including promoting awareness of the technology transfer and innovation field among CRAG researchers.
It is expected that the Technology Transfer Office will work synergistically and in close collaboration within the Science and Impact organizational area of CRAG, which also includes the Offices of Projects and International Affairs, and of Communication and Open Science (www.cragenomica.es).
● What CRAG offers
A full-time position, including the option of partial remote work, with the possibility to become permanent. Salary dependent on the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- BSc, MSc or PhD (preferably) degree in life sciences or related disciplines.
- More than 2 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the innovation and technology transfer areas of a public research organization or a private company, and progressively gaining responsibilities in developing and executing plans. Experience in technology transfer in both academia and the private sector would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills. Strong customer relationship skills, consensus building skills and the ability to cultivate and maintain professional business partnerships.
- Excellent English (proficiency or better), and Spanish / Catalan (written and oral).
- Formal training in IP management, or similar business studies, is highly desirable.
●Application procedure and deadline
Applications should include:
- Presentation letter describing past and current positions, motivation, and economic aspirations (2 pages maximum)
- Full CV detailing experience and education.
- Contact details for at least three references
Application materials should be submitted through CRAG website: https://recruitment.cragenomica.es. Reference: 34/2021
Informal inquiries are welcome and may be addressed to the Director, Prof. José Luis Riechmann (email@example.com). Review of applications will begin on October 15th, 2021. Applications should be submitted before that date.